While many people may love the traditional texas style brisket rub of salt, pepper and a touch of garlic powder, there are many different brisket rubs that will blow your mind!
Personally, my favorite brisket rub is one that is deep-dark and delicious. It complements the beefy flavors of brisket and makes sure to not overpower it at any time. Try this espresso brisket run on your next brisket and you will not be disappointed!
- 3 tablespoons of coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground espresso coffee (regular coffee works too)
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Mix all ingredients together into a small bowl
- Spread liberally onto every part of the brisket
- Crack a cold beer and stare at that beautiful piece of meat
- Follow our smoked brisket steps so that you cook the perfect brisket