While many people prefer the typical Texas brisket rub of salt, pepper, and a pinch of garlic powder, there are a plethora of other brisket rubs to try! The union of meat with coffee rub brisket is just excellent and will leave you with a taste that you can never forget.
This is the best thing you need to have in your smoked brisket recipe. Strong smoky flavor paired up with some fresh coffee dry rub will seal the deal.
My favorite brisket rub is one that is black and flavorful. It complements the meaty tastes of the brisket while never overpowering them. You will not be disappointed if you try this espresso brisket run on your next brisket!
Table of Contents
When and where can it be used?
There must be a question floating in your mind: where can you use this rub except a brisket. Let us give you some outstanding options.
- You can use this rub while making burger patties that will double up the flavor of your sandwich and burgers.
- You can apply this rub to ribs when you plan to cook, BBQ, or grill them.
- This rub can be applied to all sorts of steaks; again, it depends upon your taste.
How to make Espresso brisket rub
Making this espresso brisket rub is not a difficult task. All you need to do is to pay some attention to using the correct proportions of the ingredients. Allow us to walk you through the most authentic recipe for creating this rub. No doubt it is my favorite as well. So let’s get started.
- 3 tablespoons of coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee (espresso coffee works too)
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Chipotle chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Food processor
- Small bowl
- Zip bag
- Airtight container
- Mix all ingredients into a small bowl.
- Spread liberally onto every part of the brisket.
- Put the leftover rub in an airtight container and store it.
1) Mixing all the ingredients in a bowl
Take a small bowl, put in all the ingredients mentioned in the exact proportions in that bowl. Now there are two ways by which you can mix these ingredients. Either you can use a whisk to mix them up manually, or you can put all the ingredients in a food processer, and only 1 or maybe 2 pulses will do the trick.
2) Applying it to the brisket
Lay down the brisket on a marinating tray. Apply this perfect blend of spices known as rub all over it with the help of hands. Make sure that no area gets left behind. So now you have the secret to cooking an amazing brisket.
3) Storing the leftover rub
Take a zip bag or an air-tight container. Place all the leftovers in that bag or an airtight container and place it in the fridge. You can use it for your BBQ and smoking beef recipes for the holiday dinner.
BBQ Hero Tip: Try to utilize the beef broth or beef stock along with this rub. It will give a mind blowing delicious flavor
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I store this rub for a long period?
Yes, you can store it for a couple of months. Place it in a zip bag or an air-tight container and store it in the fridge.
Can I use this rub on other meats as well?
Yes, this rub can be used on all sorts of meat. You can use this rub on your steaks, smoked ribs, burger fillets, and even on your poultry BBQ dishes.
What sort of coffee can be used for making this rub?
We would recommend using espresso coffee for this rub. But by any chance, if it is not available and other simple coffee can also be used.