If you’re like us, any time you see “short ribs” on any menu item, you’re guaranteed to order it. But did you know that delicious and flavorful meat is actually pretty easy to make yourself?! Give this Smoked Beef Short Ribs recipe a try and thank us later. You’ll never have to eat out again!
How to make Smoked Beef Short Ribs
Below is everything you’ll need to know to make the perfect Smoked Beef Short Ribs on your pellet grill, offset, or charcoal smoker. Like how this one turns out? Let us know in the comments!
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4.5 hours
- Cook Temperature: 180ºF and 375ºF
- Wood Flavor: Hickory
- Servings: 2-4 people
- Your preference of smoker (I recommend a pellet smoker)
- Commercial grade tinfoil
- Temperature probe
- 4 Beef Short Ribs
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Start your smoker and get the temperature stable at 180ºF.
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper. Make sure to get both sides.
- Place the ribs directly on the grill and smoke for 3 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the grill and place them in a disposable aluminum tray.
- Gently add the beef broth into the aluminum tray until they are completely covered in liquid. Then, use a sheet of aluminum foil and cover the tray.
- Increase the grill’s temperature to 375ºF.
- Return the wrapped ribs to the grill and smoke for another 45 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the grill, remove them from the aluminum tray, and serve immediately.
BBQ Hero Tip: Try adding some fresh herbs when you put the ribs into the tray. It’ll add some great flavors! We love fresh Thyme, but Rosemary is a close second!