Coffee is more than just a morning pick-me-up. It’s also a great way to add flavor to steak. This Coffee Steak Rub recipe is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
Coffee Steak Rub is perfect for those who want to add a little extra flavor to their steak without overwhelming it. The coffee flavor is subtle and pairs well with the other spices in the rub.
In addition, Coffee Steak Rub can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for future use. So don’t let the name fool you, this Coffee Steak Rub is perfect for any time of day.
Coffee Steak Rub
- 1 small bowl for mixing dry spices
- 1 small bowl for mustard, if using
- 3 tbsp Brown Spicy Mustard
- 2 tbsp Ground Coffee
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Granulated Garlic
- 2 tbsp Minced Onion
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Add ground coffee, paprika, granulated garlic, minced onion, brown sugar, black pepper, and salt to a bowl. Mix well until fully combined.
- Rub brown spicy mustard on the meat, then apply the coffee rub and pat it down for best results. If you prefer, the spicy mustard can be left out so only the coffee rub itself is used.