Types Of Personal Information We Collect
We will only collect personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the performance of our functions or activities. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Website use information: When you use our Website, for example when you contact us, we collect information that enables the Website to be able to run.
- Surveys: information in connection with client surveys, questionnaires, and promotions;
- Other information we collect related to your use of the Website: your device identity and type, I.P. address, geolocation information, page view statistics, advertising data, and standard web log information, and any other information provided by you to us via our Website or our online presence, or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
How We Collect Personal Information
We may collect personal information either directly from you, or from third parties, including where:
- you register or sign up to the Website (or when you log in through social media);
- you use the Website to enter user content;
- you use the Website generally;
- you subscribe to any of our newsletters;
- you contact us through our Website, in person, by phone, or in writing;
- you submit any of our online signup forms;
- you communicate with us via email, telephone, SMS, social applications (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter), or otherwise;
- you interact with our Website, social applications, services, content, and advertising; and
- you invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
Where we collect your personal information from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Social Media And Cookies
We may also collect personal information from you when you use or access our Services or our social media pages. This may be done through use of web analytics tools, ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies that allow us to track and analyze your Services usage. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device and enable and allow the creator of the cookie to identify when you visit different websites. If you do not wish information to be stored as a cookie, you can disable cookies in your web browser.
Use Of Your Personal Information
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- to operate the Website and provide services or information to you including to:
- assist in streaming and personalizing information for you;
- enable us to process your personal data;
- to manage our relationship with you, including information about similar services or articles or send you an email reminder that a task you have performed on our Website remains uncompleted such an incomplete form;
- enable you to communicate with us regarding your use of the Website;
confirm your identity;
- to provide information about you to our contractors, employees, consultants, agents or other third parties for the purpose of providing the services to you;
- communicate with you about your account, or any transaction;
- to be de-identified for the purposes of generating statistical data and improving the Website;
- for record keeping and administrative purposes;
- to improve and optimize our service offering and customer experience;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to administer and protect our services;
- to enable you to take part in a competition;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you and for the purpose of direct marketing (in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth)). In this regard, we may use email or social media to send you direct marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the opt-out facility provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link);
- to send you administrative messages, reminders, notices, updates, security alerts, and other information requested by you; and
- to consider an application for employment from you.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to our employees and volunteers, service providers who assist us to provide the Services to you such as providers of goods, mailing houses and third party shipping agents, information technology service providers, contractors and other third parties located inside Canada and The United States of America. In some cases, we may need to disclose your information to third parties outside of Canada and the U.S..
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send the personal information to or to third parties where permitted under the Privacy Act. This also includes:
- your authorized representatives;
- government and regulatory authorities and other similar organizations, as required or authorized by law; and
- such entities that we propose to merge with or be acquired by.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties through the use of the services where you have consented to such use.
We may also aggregate and/or make anonymous your personal information including sensitive information to make it available for the purposes of generating statistical data for the conducting of research and improving the Website.
Storage And Security
We use third-party cloud providers that provide hosting, data storage and other services.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is secure and protected from misuse or unauthorized access. Our information technology systems are password protected, and we use a range of administrative and technical measures to protect these systems. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our Services may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
If We Can’t Collect Your Personal Information
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the Website to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about the Website that you may want; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our Website to your preferences and your experience of our services may not be as enjoyable or useful.
Contact BBQ Hero by email at [email protected]