If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make BBQ sauce, look no further than this recipe for Japanese BBQ Sauce. Made with a blend of soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, and honey, this sweet and savoury sauce is perfect for grilling or marinating meats.
Japanese BBQ Sauce
Japanese BBQ sauce is the perfect addition to any BBQ’d or grilled dish. Rich and savoury, with a hint of sweetness, it’s no wonder that this sauce is becoming increasingly popular.
Japanese BBQ sauce is incredibly easy to make at home, and with just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious sauce that will elevate your grilled dishes to the next level.
So if you’re looking for a way to add some excitement to your grilling repertoire, Japanese BBQ sauce is the perfect place to start. Trust me, once you try it, you’ll be hooked.
Japanese BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup Japanese sake or white wine
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ¼ cup grated fruit or 100% fruit juice
- 1/2 cup dark soy sauce (kikkoman)
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp white roasted sesame seeds
- 1 dried red hot chili pepper *optional
- ¼ less grated onion *optional
- Combine Japanese sake (or white wine) and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil on low heat. Be careful not to increase temperature so the rich flavour is maintained.
- Once boiling slightly, increase to medium heat for one minute to boil off alcohol content and enhance the rich flavour of the sake.
- Remove from heat and immediately mix in the remaining ingredients while still hot.
- Mix well and allow to cool completely before letting it rest in the refrigerator overnight.