There are a million and one recipes for BBQ sauce out there. But this is the only one you’ll ever need. Why? Because it’s made with bourbon. And everything is better with bourbon.
Bourbon BBQ Sauce
Bourbon BBQ sauce is the perfect addition to any meal. It’s slightly sweet, slightly smoky, and packed with flavor. Plus, it’s easy to make at home, only taking about 30 minutes to prepare. This Bourbon BBQ Sauce is perfect for slathering on ribs, chicken, or pulled pork. It’s also perfect for dipping. So next time you’re looking for something new to try, give this Bourbon BBQ Sauce a try. Your taste buds will thank you.
Tips For Making The Best Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Choose The Right Bourbon. Use a good quality bourbon whiskey, one that you enjoy the flavour of! This will ensure that your sauce has a great flavor.
- Thicker The Better. Be sure to simmer the sauce until it has thickened. A good BBQ sauce is a thick BBQ sauce, this helps it coat your meat well.
- Cool It. Allow the sauce to cool before serving. This will help the flavors to meld together.
Bourbon BBQ Sauce Recipe
East to make Bourbon BBQ Sauce.
- Small Pot
- 1 ½ cup ketchup
- 1 cup bourbon
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp EACH: garlic powder and onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir well as the pot comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat once boiling to maintain a slow simmer with the lid off for 15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Store for up to 2 weeks in your fridge or up to 3 months in your freezer.
Bourbon BBQ Sauce FAQs
What kind of meat can you use Bourbon BBQ sauce on?
Bourbon BBQ sauce is commonly used on pork, chicken, and beef. It can also be used as a marinade, basting sauce, or served as a dipping sauce.
How long does homemade Bourbon BBQ sauce last?
Bourbon BBQ sauce will last for up to two weeks in a sealed container in the refrigerator. You can also freeze it for up to one year if you decide to make a bigger batch.
What Is The Difference Between Bourbon BBQ Sauce And Regular BBQ Sauce?
The main difference between Bourbon BBQ sauce and regular BBQ sauce is the addition of Bourbon whiskey. Bourbon BBQ sauce has a slightly sweeter and smokier flavor than regular BBQ sauce.