Smoked Shrimp is the perfect addition to any summer seafood dish. We love grilling up a batch of these and making shrimp tacos. Or add them as a topping to your favorite summer salad. However you enjoy them, these Smoked Shrimp are tasty and delicious.
How to make Smoked Shrimp
Below is everything you’ll need to know to make the perfect Smoked Shrimp on your pellet grill, offset or charcoal smoker. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think in the comments below!
- Prep Time: 15 to 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 – 40 mins
- Cook Temperature: 375ºF
- Wood Flavor: Mesquite
- Servings: 4 people
- Your preference of smoker (I recommend a pellet smoker)
- Wood Skewers
- 1lb peeled and deveined shrimp with tails on
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 batch of Seafood Rub
- Soak the wood skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
- Start your smoker, grab your pellets, and get the temperature stable of 375ºF.
- Add 4-5 skrimp to each wood skewer and coat the shrimp in olive oil and season with Seafood rub.
- Place the skewers directly on the grill and smoke for 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and serve right away.
BBQ Hero Tip: Instead of using skewers, try smoking your shrimp in a grill basket. The basket is so much easier to just throw the shrimp into and add to the grill. It might not look as great on shrimp on a skewer, but the flavor will outweigh the esthetics!