Pork chops tend to take a back seat to their more popular pork siblings like bacon, ribs, and pulled pork. And if you’ve ever had a badly cooked pork chop, you know how poor they can taste. But smoking your pork chops will change your opinion on this cut of meat. Prepare to enjoy the unique flavour of smoked pork chops!
How to make Smoked Pork Chops
This is a great recipe if you’re ready to level up your weekly pork chop meal. Below is everything you’ll need to know to make the perfect Smoked Pork Chop on your pellet grill, offset or charcoal smoker.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins
- Cook Temperature: 180ºF and 350ºF
- Finished Temperature: 145ºF
- Wood Flavor: Maple
- Servings: 4 people
- Your preference of smoker (I recommend a pellet smoker)
- Commercial grade tinfoil
- Temperature probe
- 4 (8-ounce) pork chops – bone-in or boneless
- Start your smoker, grab your pellets, and get the temperature stable of 180ºF.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the pork chops directly on the grill and smoke for 30 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 350ºF and keep cooking until the internal temperature of the pork chops reach 145ºF.
- Remove the pork chops from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
BBQ Hero Tip: Amp up your smoked pork chops with a beautiful reverse sear to give your meat a different texture and flavour. This is a great trick for smoke pellet grill masters.