Looking for a recipe that will impress your dinner guests? Look no further than this Smoked Top Round Roast. This flavorful and tender roast is perfect for a special occasion, and it’s surprisingly easy to make.
The key to success is in the cooking method: a slow smoke over low heat. This allows the meat to absorb all the delicious smoked flavor, while still remaining juicy and tender. So don’t be afraid to fire up the smoker for this dish – it’s well worth the effort!
Smoked Top Round Roast
- 5-7 lb Beef Top Round
- Kosher Salt Coarse grained
- Texas Style Rub
- Prepare the beef by coating it with Texas Style Rub. Rub it all around the beef.
- Next is to coarse kosher salt to the meat, it will help with the dry brining process.
- Put the top round into a container and cover it. Place it in the fridge overnight.
- Once the brining process is already completed. Remove the top roast from the fridge and it's time to get your smoker ready.
- Set your smoker for cooking at 225-250°F.
- Place the meat in the grate and cook it for 4-5 hours until the internal temperature of the top roast reaches 130°F (medium rare).
- Add smoke for at least 2 hours. Try using oak smoke for best results but other wood will still be fine.
- Once the meat is done cooking, make sure to let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing it into steaks or strips. Serve and enjoy!