There’s nothing that summer quite like crisp corn on the cob. This Smoked Corn on the Cob recipe uses applewood to infuse your corn with a delicious smoke flavor. Keep it simple and top with butter and you’ve got yourself the perfect summer side dish. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think.
How to make Smoked Corn on the Cob
Making Smoked Corn on the Cob is so easy and so good that you may never go back to your old ways of making corn on the cob Below is everything you’ll need to know to make the perfect Smoked Corn on the Cob on your pellet grill, offset or charcoal smoker.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Cook Temperature: 225ºF
- Wood Flavor: Applewood
- Servings: 4 people
- Your preference of smoker (I recommend a pellet smoker)
- Commercial grade tinfoil
- Kitchen twine
- Temperature probe
- 4 large ears of fresh corn on the cob with husks
- Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- Seasoning of choice (I like to keep it simple with salt and pepper)
- Start your smoker and get the temperature stable of 225ºF
- Pull the husks back from the corn. Remove the silks but keep the husks intact.
- Brush the corn with olive oil and recover the corn with the husks.
- Place the corn on the smoker racks and smoke for 1 hour, turning once halfway through.
- Remove the corn from the smoker, remove the husks, brush with butter and your choice of seasonings, and enjoy!
BBQ Hero Tip: We recommend soaking your corn (in the husks) in cold water for 30 mins to an hour before smoking. Pat dry before adding the olive oil.