Smoked Eggs are very easy to make and they add a deliciously smoky twist to all of your favourite hard-boiled egg recipes! You can cook and smoke a dozen of these delicious smokey eggs in breakfast and evening snacks or you can add a good smoke flavour to your salad at lunchtime.
Table of contents
This recipe will increase your temptation to try these easy and perfect smokey eggs ASAP. They give a strong smoked flavour garnished with some finely chopped parsley, salt, and black pepper.
Whether you’re planning on enjoying them on their own or you’re making Smoked Deviled Eggs, they will be a hit!
This recipe post will teach you the best way to smoke your eggs, tips for peeling them, answers to the frequently asked questions about smoking the eggs, and many more. So, go ahead and make your day.
The eggs get infused with smoke when smoked on a grill or smoker. They are hard-boiled eggs that are easiest to make and there is no reason they cannot be prepared on the grill instead. All you need is your favourite wood chips for smoking.
How To Make
Step 1 – Preheat Smoker
Step 2 – Smoke Eggs In Shells
Step 3 – Remove Eggs & Place In Ice Bath
Step 4 – Reduce Heat To 175ºF – 180ºF
Some people might like fully hard-boiled eggs. For that, you can keep the eggs on the grill for almost around 1.5 or 2 hours. But be informed that grilling for this long will make the outer crust of the egg dry and might get a bit rubbery.
Step 5 – Garnish & Serve
Tips For Making The Best Taste Eggs
- Save Your Leftovers. If some of the eggs are left and are not eaten we have some more ideas to use them. You can make smokey Deviled eggs with a tangy and delicious paste filling.
- Colour. Your eggs will likely turn yellow throughout the smoking, but don’t worry this is totally normal! The darker the colour, the more smoke flavour your smoked devilled eggs will have.
- Pair With Main Course. Pair with Reverse Sear Steak, Smoked New York Steak, Smoked T-bone Steak,or Smoked Lamb Chops and a Smoked Rack of Lamb to enjoy a perfect complete meal.
Smoked Eggs Recipe
- wood chips (Cherry)
- Cooking tray.
- Cooking sheet.
- 12 eggs
- Salt (optional for garnishing)
- Finely chopped parsley (optional for garnishing)
- Pepper (optional for garnishing)
- Bbq rub (optional for garnishing)
- Start your smoker, grab your pellets, and as per the instructions, preheat the smoker at 325ºF. Make sure you’re using indirect heat!
- Place eggs directly onto the grill grates, and cook for 35 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the smoker and place them in ice-cold water. Allow them to take an ice bath for 10 minutes to stop the cooking process.
- Remove the eggs from the ice bath and peel. Reduce the heat on the grill to 175ºF. Return the eggs to the grill and smoke again for 35 minutes to an hour.
- Remove the eggs from the grill, season, and enjoy!
Smoked Eggs FAQs
Can I Smoke Raw Eggs?
How long does it take to smoke eggs?
How do you eat smokey eggs?
How Do You Tell If Smoked Eggs Are Done?
What does a smoked egg taste like?
So be careful in choosing the flavour of wood chips to smoke the eggs. Secondly, choose wisely the ingredients for topping.
Can you smoke eggs on a pellet grill?
Like I said before, I prefer using a pellet grill. On your occasion, you are the pitmaster and can use a smoker/ grill of your choice you are comfortable with.
How long do smoked eggs last in the fridge?
Here is how I use to preserve them.
Take a container, place your eggs in it, cover it with plastic wrap, and place it in the refrigerator.
You can also use vacuum zip bags or piping bags for storing without any doubt.