Corn Bread is a classic southern dish that is perfect for any barbecue. This recipe for Smoked Corn bread is easy to follow and produces a delicious, fluffy loaf that will complement any main course.
Smoked Corn Bread
Corn Bread is a popular side dish in the southern United States. This recipe for smoked corn bread is a variation on the traditional recipe that adds the smoky flavor of barbecue to the bread. The bread is cooked in a smoker or grill, giving it a delicious smoky flavor.
Smoked Corn Bread can be served with butter, honey, or syrup. It is also a popular dish to serve with barbecued meats. Smoked corn bread is a delicious and easy to make side dish that will be sure to impress your guests.
Smoked Corn Bread FAQs
What does smoked corn bread taste like?
Smoked corn bread has a smoky flavor that is perfect for pairing with barbecued meats. It is also delicious when served with butter, honey, or syrup.
How do you store smoked corn bread?
Smoked corn bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Can smoked corn bread be frozen?
Yes, smoked corn bread can be frozen. wrap the corn bread tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw the corn bread overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Smoked Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup milk
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- Preheat smoker to 225F.
- Spray an 8"x8" aluminum pan with cooking oil spray.
- Add the dry ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and stir to combine.Stir together the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. The batter will be thick.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. This will create a thick batter.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and spread until it is smooth.
- Place the cornbread in the smoker and smoke for 1.5 to 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.