Smoked chicken legs are the perfect way to add flavor to your favorite chicken recipes. The smoked flavor is subtle and not overwhelming, making it a great choice for those who are new to smoking meats.
The best thing about smoked chicken legs is that they are easy to make and only require a few simple ingredients. This recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight meal or a casual weekend gathering. So, preheat your smoker and get ready to enjoy the delicious taste of Smoked Chicken Legs.
Smoked Chicken Legs
- BBQ Grill Accessories (Basting Brush, Tongs, etc.)
- 2 pounds chicken legs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chicken rub
- Preheat smoker to 275 degrees F. (This prevents leathery skin from developing)
- Drizzle the chicken legs on all sides with the olive oil and season with the rub.
- Place the chicken legs on the smoker, close the lid, and smoke for 1 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature of the legs reaches 175 degrees F. Optional: At 165 degrees brush the chicken legs with your favorite BBQ sauce (you can thin out your BBQ sauce with apple juice to give you a nice glaze vs. a thick BBQ sauce).
- Remove the legs from the smoker. Let them rest for a few minutes and enjoy!