Smoked bread pudding is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is sure to impress your guests. The key to this recipe is the smoked bread, which gives the pudding a unique flavor that you won’t find in any other dessert.
The best part about this recipe is that it can be made ahead of time, so you don’t have to worry about last-minute preparations. All you need to do is assemble the ingredients, pop it in the smoker, and you’ll have a delicious dessert that is sure to please everyone.
Smoked Bread Pudding
- 4 hot cross buns
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 ½ cup pouring cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup cranberries dried
- ½ cup white choc chips
- Using a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, egg yolk , cream, spices, vanilla, salt, and brown sugar.
- Fire your Smoker and bring to 375°F.
- Grease your baking dish, I used a 9”x9” baking dish in this recipe. Tear all the hot cross buns into 1.5-2" chunks and place it all in the baking dish.
- Start sprinkling over the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Next is to pour over the custard base.
- Add some pecan smoking chunks to your charcoals.
- Cook your Bread Pudding for 45 mins or until an internal temp of 165°F in center.
- Once done, let it cool for 10 minutes.
- You can serve your smoked bread pudding with whipped cream or ice cream and a dusting of powdered sugar and cinnamon. Enjoy!