You had me at bacon. Bacon is easy to make on your smoker and will bring out an incredible smoky flavor that will have you drooling over. This Applewood Smoked Bacon recipe is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (or all 3, we’re definitely not judging!).
How to make Applewood Smoked Bacon
Below is everything you’ll need to know to make the perfect Applewood Smoked Bacon on your pellet grill, offset, or charcoal smoker. After making bacon on your smoker, you may never go back to skillet bacon ever again. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- Total Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- Cook Temperature: 350ºF
- Wood Flavor: Apple
- Servings: 4-6 people
- Your preference of smoker (I recommend a pellet smoker)
- Commercial grade tinfoil
- Cookie sheet
- Non-Stick Cooling Rack
- 1 (1 pound) package of thick sliced bacon
- Olive Oil Spray
- Start your smoker, grab your pellets, and get the temperature stable at 350ºF.
- Line the Cookie sheet with tinfoil and then place the Non-Stick Cooling Rack into the Cookie Sheet.
- Place the strips of bacon onto Non-Stick Cooling Rack and then place the cookie sheet directly onto the grill.
- Smoke for 20 to 30 minutes (or until done to your preferred “crispiness”).
BBQ Hero Tip: If you like your bacon crispy, play with the temperature of your smoker. The higher the temp, the faster they crips up!