Get ready to make the best pellet grill chicken breast you’ve ever had! As an experienced BBQ recipe blogger and a devoted grill enthusiast, I am excited to share with you my secrets for making the juiciest, most flavorful chicken breast you’ve ever tasted.
This pellet grill chicken breast recipe is perfect for beginners and seasoned grill masters alike. With easy-to-follow instructions and a flexible approach to seasoning, you’ll be able to master this dish in no time. The smoky flavor from the pellet grill truly takes this chicken to another level, leaving your taste buds craving for more.
To create this amazing dish, you’ll need a pellet grill and a trusty meat thermometer to ensure perfectly cooked chicken every time. A variety of wood pellets can be used, allowing you to experiment and find the ideal smoky notes that best complement your chicken. The beauty of this pellet grill chicken breast recipe is its simplicity, and the pellet grill does most of the work for you.
As a seasoned BBQ blogger, I take pride in sharing recipes that are not only delicious but also accessible to home cooks of all skill levels. So, gather your ingredients, fire up that pellet grill, and let’s create a mouthwatering meal together.
How To Make This Pellet Grill Chicken Breast Recipe
Preheat the Pellet Grill
Begin by preheating your pellet grill to 325 degrees F. While the grill heats up, you can prepare your chicken breasts for seasoning.
Season the Chicken Breasts
Drizzle olive oil over the boneless chicken breasts and massage to coat them evenly. Then, generously season the oiled chicken with Sweet Rub on all sides.
Grill the Chicken
Place the seasoned chicken breasts on the grill grates of the pellet grill, close the lid, and smoke chicken breast for 15 minutes. After this time, flip the chicken breasts, close the lid again, and continue cooking for 10 more minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F.
Baste with BBQ Sauce
Baste each grilled chicken breast with your preferred BBQ sauce. Close the lid and keep cooking for 5-10 more minutes until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
Rest the Chicken
Once finished cooking chicken, remove the chicken breasts from the grill and place them on a rimmed plate or platter. Tent the chicken with aluminum foil to let it rest and allow the carry-over cooking to bring the chicken’s internal temperature up to the safe level of 165 degrees F.
Serve and Enjoy
Serve the rested chicken breasts with additional BBQ sauce on the side for extra dipping and savor the delicious, smoky flavors of your pellet grill chicken breast.
Tips For Making Pellet Grill Chicken Breasts
As a beginner, it’s essential to have a few tips under your belt when tackling this delicious pellet grill chicken breast recipe. The following advice will make your cooking experience enjoyable, simple, and stress-free. Let’s dive into some helpful tips for a flawless and tasty chicken dish:
- Wood Pellets: Use fruitwood pellets like apple, cherry, or peach for a mild and sweet smoky flavor that complements the chicken well.
- Chicken Thickness: Ensure even cooking by choosing chicken breasts with a similar size and thickness, or pound them to an even thickness using a meat mallet.
- Cook to Temperature: Always use an instant-read meat thermometer to monitor the internal temperature of the chicken, aiming for 165 degrees F, rather than relying solely on cooking time.
- Tent and Rest: Letting the chicken rest, tented with foil, for 5-10 minutes after grilling allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a juicier, more tender chicken breast.
- Experiment With Flavors: Don’t be afraid to mix and match seasonings and BBQ sauces to suit your taste preferences and create a unique flavor profile for your pellet grill chicken breast.
Best Beer To Serve With Smoked Chicken Breasts
Ready to elevate your pellet grill chicken breast experience? Pairing your delicious smoky chicken with the perfect beer can make all the difference. Here are the top 3 beer styles to complement your meal, making your taste buds sing and your friends rave about your culinary skills. Cheers!
American Pale Ale
American Pale Ale beer style, with its moderate hop bitterness and subtle malt sweetness, highlights the smoky and savory flavors of the grilled chicken. The fruity and citrusy hop notes add a refreshing contrast to the richness of the BBQ sauce.
A crisp and refreshing German wheat beer, Hefeweizen is known for its fruity, spicy, and yeasty characteristics. It cuts through the smoky flavors and BBQ sauce’s sweetness, creating a harmonious balance that complements the pellet smoker chicken breasts’ juicy and tender profile.
This malty and mildly sweet lager style boasts a smooth and clean finish. Amber Lager’s caramel and toasted malt flavors pair wonderfully with the grilled chicken, enhancing the smokiness of the dish, while its crispness helps cleanse the palate between bites.
Related Recipes of Chicken Breast
- Grilled Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Lemon Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs With Vegetables
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken Recipe
Pellet Grill Chicken Breast Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp of your favorite sweet rub
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Preheat pellet grill to 325 degrees F.
- Drizzle chicken breasts with olive oil and massage to coat evenly.
- Season oiled chicken with Sweet Rub on all sides.
- Place chicken on grill grates and cook for 15 minutes.
- Flip chicken breasts and cook for 10 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 150F.
- Baste chicken with BBQ sauce and cook for 5-10 more minutes until internal temperature reaches 160F.
- Remove chicken from grill, tent with foil, and let rest until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Serve with additional BBQ sauce on the side and enjoy.
Pellet Grill Chicken Breast Recipe FAQs
What temperature should I cook chicken breasts on a pellet grill?
It’s best to cook chicken breasts on a pellet grill at a temperature of 325 degrees Fahrenheit. This will allow the chicken to cook evenly without drying out.
How long does it take to cook pellet grill chicken breasts on a pellet grill?
Cooking times can vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts, but as a general guideline, it takes about 25-30 minutes to cook chicken breast on a pellet grill at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s important to cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Should I oil chicken breasts before grilling on a pellet grill?
Yes, it’s a good idea to lightly oil chicken breasts before grilling on a pellet grill. This will help prevent sticking and ensure a nicely browned exterior.
What kind of wood pellets should I use for grilling chicken breasts on a pellet grill?
For grilling chicken breasts on a pellet grill, it’s best to use mild-flavored wood pellets like apple, cherry, or pecan. These will impart a subtle smoky flavor to the chicken without overpowering it.
Do I need to marinate chicken breasts before grilling them on a pellet grill?
While marinating chicken breasts before grilling them on a pellet grill is not necessary, it can add extra flavor and help keep the chicken moist. If you choose to marinate your chicken, be sure to do so for at least 30 minutes before grilling.