Depending on where you live, lobster might be either a frequent dish or a rare treat. Regardless of how often you get to enjoy lobster tail, we recommend trying this smoked lobster tail recipe at least once! It’s perfect for a surf n’ turf meal or just on its own. Don’t be afraid to get messy as you dip the delicious meat into a big bowl of butter to enjoy!
How to make Smoked Lobster Tail
Below is everything you’ll need to know to make the perfect Smoked Lobster Tail on your pellet grill, offset, or charcoal smoker. The added wood-smoked flavor to the meat is going to blow your mind!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Temperature: 375ºF
- Finished Temperature: 145ºF
- Wood Flavor: Hickory
- Servings: 2 people
- Your preference of smoker (I recommend a pellet smoker)
- Kitchen Shears
- Temperature probe
- 2 Lobster Tails
- Start your smoker, grab your pellets, and get the temperature stable of 375ºF.
- Slit the top of the lobster shells through the center almost all the way to the tail using kitchen shears. Expose as much meat as you can through the cut shell.
- Season the lobster tail with salt and pepper.
- Place the lobster tails directly onto the grill and smoke until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF.
- Remove from the grill and enjoy!
BBQ Hero Tip: Don’t forget to serve your lobster with some delicious lemon/garlic butter. It’s the perfect accompaniment to your seafood meal!