Pork Tenderloin is one of the best (and easiest) meats to smoke. Alongside chicken, Smoked Pork Tenderloin is a classic recipe to have in your arsenal. You’ll love that you can just step away from the grill once it’s on there and come back to tasty, juicy pork once time’s up.
How to make Smoked Pork Tenderloin
Below is everything you’ll need to know to make the perfect Smoked Pork Tenderloin on your pellet grill, offset or charcoal smoker. Whether you’re making this for a family BBQ or Tailgate party, this is sure to be a hit.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 4 to 5 hours
- Total Time: 4 to 5 hours
- Cook Temperature: 180ºF
- Finish Temperature: 145ºF
- Wood Flavor: Apple
- Servings: 4-6 people
- Your preference of smoker (I recommend a pellet smoker)
- Commercial grade tinfoil
- Temperature probe
- 2 (1 pound) pork tenderloins
- 1 batch Not Just Pork Rub
- Start your smoker, grab your pellets, and get the temperature stable at 180ºF.
- Season the tenderloins with the rub. Make sure to work the rub into the meat and get all sides.
- Place your meat probe through the end of the tenderloin so that it picks up as close to the center temperature as possible.
- Place your pork tenderloins directly onto the grill and smoke for 4 to 5 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF.
- Remove the pork tenderloins from the grill and let them rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
BBQ Hero Tip: Pork tenderloin is a great place to start if you’re just getting into smoking. This really is a “set-it-and-forget-it” recipe.
Do you wrap pork loin in foil when smoking?
We recommend smoking a pork tenderloin without the tin foil wrapping. The foil may prevent the smoke flavor from getting into the meat, which is really what it’s all about!
How do you keep the pork moist when smoking?
The best way to keep your pork moist is with a dry brine or rub. In addition to adding flavor, this also starts a process known as denaturing that helps the meat retain more moisture during the cooking process.
Another great way to keep your tenderloin super moist is to wrap it in bacon. You’ll end up smoking the bacon and cooking the tenderloin, but it’s probably the most delicious way to enjoy smoked pork tenderloin.