Smoked pork loin is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is perfect for any occasion. The key to making a succulent and flavorful pork loin is to cook it slowly over low heat, so that the meat has time to absorb all of the smoky flavor.
This recipe can be made in either a smoker or a stovetop smoker, and the finished product will be sure to impress your guests. Serve smoked pork loin with your favorite sides and enjoy!
Smoked Pork Loin
- 1 (8-9 pound) Pork Loin
- 1 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Traeger Chicken/Pork Rub
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 cup dried oregano
- In the morning, mix up the marinade: apple juice, honey, brown sugar, Traeger rub, pepper and oregano, in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved.
- Trim fat from pork loin, and using a sharp knife score the loin going about 1/4 inch deep, and 1 inch apart. Repeat going the opposite way.
- Place the loin in a deep pan, and pour the marinade over the loin. Refrigerate for 3 hours, flipping the loins half way through marinading.
- Using Mesquite pellets, Preheat smoker to 225 degrees for 15 minutes with the lid closed.
- Place loin directly on the grates and smoke until the internal temperature of the meat is 145 degrees. (about 2 hours)
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.