Smoked Beef Jerky is the perfect snack for those who are looking for something that is both delicious and nutritious. This recipe is easy to follow and only requires a few simple ingredients.
The great thing about Smoked Beef Jerky is that it can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to two weeks. This means that you can always have a healthy snack on hand when you get the munchies. So, what are you waiting for? Get started on your Smoked Beef Jerky today!
Smoked Beef Jerky
- BBQ Grill Accessories (Tongs)
- Paper towels
- Airtight Container
- 3 pounds round steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup beer, IPA
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup worcestershire
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp curing salt, optional
- Trim any excess fat off of your meat, and then slice thin (1/4 - 1/8 inch thick slices). This is easier if the meat is still slightly frozen
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Put the meat in a zip lock, and pour the marinade into the bag and then seal. Let the meat marinate for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours
- Remove the meat from the marinade and blot dry with a paper towel. Place the meat on your smoker and let it smoke at 150 to 180 degrees for 2 hours.
- Check on the meat at 2 hours. Some of the pieces may be done; you can tell if you pick up a piece and when you shake it, it doesn't bend.
- Place the jerky on a cooling rack until it's come down to room temp, and then store in an airtight container in your fridge.