Brisket Jerky is a do it yourself snack that has a superior flavor and texture. Doing your own beef jerky is easier than it sounds and well worth it.
A brisket is a good quality of meat to use for your jerky. Brisket Jerky will have less fat, making it a healthier choice. The fat can make store bought beef jerky chewy, but with Brisket Jerky, you get lean strips of deliciousness. Be sure to plan ahead to allow your beef slices to marinate overnight. It will also consume time drying but it is all worth it when you take that first bite of homemade Brisket Jerky. You’ll be hooked from the first bite! There’s no going back to store-bought jerky once you’ve had Brisket Jerky. Try it today, you won’t regret it!
The do-it-yourself snack that proves superior in flavor and texture.
- Pellet Smoker or Oven
- Prepare and gather all the ingredients needed.
- Freeze the beef for a short time until an ice crystal has formed so that it will be easier to slice thinly. Slice the beef into 1/8-inch thick.
- Prepare the marinade. Put the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, ground ginger, and the Chinese five-spice powder in a bowl. Mix it well.
- Get a piece of beef and dip it in the marinade. Coat it well and put the piece of beef in a shallow dish. Do this to all the beef slices.
- Once done, pour the remaining marinade on the top of the brisket, cover it and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, dry the brisket in the smoker/oven. Preheat it to the lowest setting (110 F).
- Put several paper towels on the baking sheet. Place and arrange the briskets in a single layer of the sheets that you prepared. Cover with additional paper towels.
- Now, you will need a rolling pin to flatten the beef. Roll the rolling pin on the paper towel covering.
- Remove the paper towels. Put the brisket on smoker/oven racks.
- Wait 8 hours for the brisket to dry. Remember to always monitor the jerky and oven.
- Once dried, you may now store your Brisket Jerky in tightly covered containers or plastic bags in cool and dry area.
Calories: 505kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 50gFat: 31g