Are you ready to taste the best grilled chicken marinade of your life? As an experienced BBQ recipe blogger, I’ve tried and tested countless recipes, and I can confidently say this marinade is a game changer. Simple yet packed with flavor, this marinade will make your grilled chicken the star of any meal.
Whether you’re a novice griller or a seasoned pro, this grilled chicken marinade recipe is perfect for all skill levels. The ingredients are easy to find, and the process is straightforward, ensuring that anyone can achieve incredible results. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you.
To create this mouthwatering marinade, you’ll need a few basic tools: a gallon-sized zip-top bag, a mixing bowl, a whisk or fork, and of course, a trusty grill. As an authoritative BBQ recipe blogger, I’m committed to sharing my knowledge and passion for grilling, and this best grilled chicken marinade is a shining example of the delicious results you can achieve.
So grab your tools, fire up the grill, and get ready to embark on a flavorful adventure you won’t soon forget.
How To Make The Best Grilled Chicken Marinade
Prepare the Marinade
In a gallon-sized zip-top bag, combine the olive oil, white wine vinegar, shredded Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, sugar, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and salt. Make sure to mix all the ingredients well.
Add the Chicken
Place the chicken pieces into the marinade bag. Remove any excess air, seal the bag tightly, and gently massage it to ensure the chicken is well coated with the marinade.
Marinate the Chicken
Put the marinated chicken in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, but preferably 8 hours. Marinating chicken this way will allow the flavors to fully penetrate the chicken and make it extra delicious.
Preheat the Grill
When you’re ready to cook chicken, preheat your grill to 450°F. Make sure the grill is hot and ready before placing the chicken on it.
Grill the Chicken
Take the chicken out of the marinade and place it directly on the hot grill. Cook each side for 5-7 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to ensure accurate cooking.
Rest and Serve
Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute and makes for a more tender and juicy chicken. After resting, serve your delicious grilled chicken with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
Prepare the Marinade
Tips For Making BBQ Chicken Marinade
As a beginner, it’s important to know some helpful tips that can make your grilled chicken marinade experience even better. Here are a few simple and easy-to-follow tips to ensure your grilled chicken turns out perfect every time:
- Marinating Time Matters: For the best flavor, marinate chicken for at least 4 hours, but ideally, aim for 8 hours. This will help the chicken absorb all the flavors from the marinade and result in a delicious dish.
- Use a Meat Thermometer: To avoid over or undercooking your chicken, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. The chicken is done when it reaches 165°F.
- Oil the Grill Grates: Before preheating your grill, brush some oil on the grates to prevent the chicken from sticking. This will make flipping and removing the chicken much easier.
Customizing Your Grilled Chicken Marinade
One of the best things about making your own best chicken marinade recipe is the ability to customize it to your taste preferences. While the basic and easy chicken marinade recipe provides a delicious starting point, feel free to get creative and adjust the ingredients to create your perfect flavor combination.g
Here are some ideas to help you personalize your grilled chicken marinade.
- Feel free to experiment with different flavors and ingredients when creating your grilled chicken marinade. You can adjust the amount of spices or add new ones, like chili powder or oregano, to match your personal taste preferences.
- If you prefer a more tangy marinade, consider adding a splash of lemon juice. Citrus juices can help tenderize the chicken while also adding a burst of fresh flavor.
- For a hint of sweetness, try incorporating honey or maple syrup into the marinade. A honey dijon mustard would also be a great touch! This can balance out the savory and spicy elements, making for a more complex flavor profile.
Storing and Reusing Leftover Grilled Chicken Marinade
It’s not uncommon to have leftover marinade after preparing your grilled chicken, and it’s important to know how to store and reuse it safely. By following some simple guidelines, you can make the most of your leftover marinade while ensuring the safety and quality of your future dishes.
Here are some tips on storing and reusing your leftover marinade:
- If you have leftover marinade, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Be sure to discard any marinade that has been in contact with raw chicken to avoid cross-contamination.
- You can repurpose leftover marinade as a sauce or glaze by boiling it for a few minutes to kill off any potential bacteria. Once boiled, you can use it to baste the chicken during grilling or serve it on the side for dipping.
- If you’d like to use the marinade again for another batch of chicken, consider making a double batch from the start and reserving half for later use. This ensures you have a fresh, uncontaminated marinade ready when you need it.
Pairing Sides with Grilled Chicken
A well-rounded meal is all about balance, and finding the right side dishes to serve with your grilled chicken can make all the difference. When choosing sides, it’s important to consider flavors, textures, and even the ease of preparation. Here are some ideas for pairing sides with your grilled chicken to create a delicious and satisfying meal:
- Grilled vegetables, such as zucchini, bell peppers, and asparagus, make a fantastic side dish for grilled chicken. They complement the smoky flavors and can be cooked alongside the chicken on the grill.
- For a more filling option, serve your grilled chicken with a side of potato salad, pasta salad, or rice pilaf. These dishes can be prepared ahead of time, making them convenient choices for busy days.
- A fresh and vibrant salad, like a mixed greens or Greek salad, can help balance out the rich flavors of the grilled chicken marinade. Pairing the chicken with a light and refreshing side dish creates a satisfying and well-rounded meal.
Best Beer To Serve With Grilled Chicken
When it comes to enjoying a tasty grilled chicken dish, finding the perfect beer pairing can elevate your dining experience to new heights. With countless beer styles to choose from, we’ve narrowed it down to the top 3 types of beer that complement grilled chicken flawlessly. So, grab your favorite brew and let’s get started!
Wheat Beer (Hefeweizen or Witbier)
Wheat beers, with their light, refreshing, and slightly fruity flavors, pair beautifully with grilled chicken. The citrus notes in these beers complement the marinade, while their subtle spiciness accentuates the chicken’s smoky, grilled taste.
A classic pale ale, with its balanced flavors of malt and hops, is an excellent choice for grilled chicken. The beer’s crispness and slight bitterness help cut through the richness of the marinade, creating a harmonious blend of flavors that dance on your palate.
Amber Lager (Vienna Lager or Märzen)
Amber lagers, known for their toasty maltiness and mild hop bitterness, provide a lovely contrast to the tangy, savory flavors of grilled chicken marinade. The beer’s smooth, crisp finish cleanses your palate, leaving you ready for another delicious bite.
Other Flavorful Chicken Recipes
- Grilled Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Smoked Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Smoked Chicken Breast Recipe
- Pellet Grill Chicken Breast Recipe
Best Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe
- Large Sealable Bag or Container
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 1/3 olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine olive oil, white wine vinegar, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, sugar, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and salt in a gallon-sized zip-top bag.
- Add chicken to the marinade bag, remove excess air, and seal.
- Massage the bag gently to ensure chicken is coated in the marinade.
- Refrigerate chicken in the marinade for 4-8 hours.
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and place it on the grill. Grill chicken for 5-7 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer for accuracy.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with your favorite side dishes.
Grilled Chicken Marinade FAQs
How long should I marinate the chicken?
For the best flavor and tenderness, marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours. However, for even better results, aim for a marinating time of 4-12 hours. Do not marinate the chicken for more than 24 hours, as the acidity in the marinade can break down the chicken, making it mushy.
Can I use this grilled chicken marinade for other meats?
Yes, this marinade recipe is versatile and can be used for other meats like pork, beef, or even fish. Adjust the marinating time according to the type of meat you’re using and its thickness.
How much grilled chicken marinade do I need?
The amount of marinade you need depends on the amount of chicken you are using. As a general rule, use about 1/2 cup of marinade per pound of chicken.
Can I reuse the leftover grilled chicken marinade?
It is not recommended to reuse marinade that has come into contact with raw chicken due to the risk of cross-contamination and foodborne illness. If you want to use the marinade as a sauce or baste, set aside a portion of the marinade before adding the raw chicken.
How do I store the marinated chicken?
Store the grilled marinated chicken in an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag in the refrigerator. Be sure to place the container or bag on a plate or tray to catch any potential leaks and prevent cross-contamination.
Can I freeze marinated chicken?
Yes, you can freeze marinated chicken. Place the chicken in a freezer-safe container or resealable plastic bag with the marinade, ensuring all the air is removed. The marinated chicken can be frozen for up to 2-3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator before grilling.
Can I make the grilled chicken marinade ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the grilled chicken marinade ahead of time. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Give it a good shake or stir before using it to ensure all the ingredients are well combined.