Smoked Bacon Bowls are the most indulgent, smoky, and mouth-watering recipe for your next backyard BBQ hero moment. This recipe is perfect for weekend brunches, breakfast on the go, or a fun and unique twist on breakfast or dinner for home cooks.
This delicious and innovative cheese bacon cups recipe takes smoky bowl-shaped bacon strips, fills them with a gooey mixture of eggs, cheese, and spices, then smokes them to perfection.
This smoked bacon bowls recipe is easy to make, with minimal preparation, cooking time, and tools. All you need is a few simple ingredients, a pellet smoker, and a muffin tin. With these tools in hand, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a backyard BBQ hero in no time!
Get ready to tantalize your taste buds and wow your family and friends with this incredible and delicious smoked bacon bowls recipe. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a beginner, this smoked bacon bowl recipe is sure to impress. So let’s get started!
Overview: Smoked Bacon Bowls
Whether you’re a seasoned pitmaster or just starting out, this recipe is perfect for those looking to elevate their breakfast game and impress their friends and family. Here’s an overview of this smoked bacon bowls recipe.
- Preheat the pellet smoker to 225°F and smoke bacon bowls for 30 minutes
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and cheese (and any other ingredients of your choosing) and fill bacon bowls, smoking at 400°F for 15 minutes
- Carefully remove the bacon bowls from muffin tins and serve immediately for a delicious smoky breakfast treat.
- This recipe yields as many bacon bowls as muffin tins used.
How To Make Smoked Bacon Bowls
Preheat The Smoker
Before you start the recipe, it’s important to preheat your pellet smoker to 225°F. This will be the temperature you will smoke the bacon bowls at first. It’s important to let the smoker reach the correct temperature before you begin to get the best results.
Line Muffin Tins with Bacon
While the smoker is heating up, you can begin to prepare the bacon. Line each muffin tin with parchment paper and cut each strip of bacon in half. Take two pieces of bacon and line the sides of each muffin tin, so that the ends of the bacon overlap at the bottom. This will create a u0022bowlu0022 for the egg and cheese mixture.
Smoke the Bacon
Once the muffin tins are lined with bacon, place them into the smoker and smoke for 30 minutes at 225°F. This will give the bacon a delicious smoky flavor. While the bacon is smoking, you can move on to the next step and mix the egg and cheese mixture or cheese sauce.
Mix The Egg And Cheese Mixture
In a large mixing bowl, mix the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and cheese. The milk will help to make the eggs creamy and flavorful, while the salt and pepper will season them to taste. The cheese will add richness and depth of flavor to the dish.u003cbr/u003eu003cbr/u003eKeep in mind, these are just the basic ingredients that you can add. You can add any other ingredients that you want to this recipe! For example, you can add sun-dried chopped tomatoes and spinach for a nice Mediterranean touch. Or, keep it simple and tasty, just add some chopped green onions and experience the burst of flavors in your mouth.
Fill The Bacon Bowls With The Egg Mixture
After the bacon has been smoked for 30 minutes, take it out of the smoker and turn up the temperature to 400°F. Carefully fill each bacon bowl with the egg and cheese mixture, making sure not to overfill. You want to make sure that there is enough space in each bowl for the egg mixture to expand slightly while it’s cooking.
Smoke the Bacon Bowls with the Egg Mixture
Place the muffin tins back into the smoker and smoke at 400°F for 15 minutes, or until the egg mixture is firm. This will cook the eggs and create a creamy, delicious dish that is infused with a smoky flavor.
Serve and Enjoy
Once the egg mixture is set, carefully remove the muffin tins from the smoker and let them cool for a few minutes. Then, use a spatula to gently remove each smoked bacon bowl from the muffin tin. Serve immediately and enjoy!
More Filling Options
The possibilities for filling your bacon bowls are endless! Here are a few delicious options to try:
- Meat Lovers: Add some diced ham, sausage, or bacon to your egg mixture for a protein-packed breakfast.
- Load Up The Veggies: Fill your bacon bowls with scrambled eggs and your favorite veggies, such as spinach, mushrooms, and bell peppers, for a healthy and flavorful breakfast.
- Tex-Mex: Spice things up by adding some salsa and jalapenos to your egg mixture for a smoky and spicy breakfast.
- Homemade Mac and Cheese: For a decadent breakfast, fill your bacon bowls with warm, gooey mac and cheese.
Remember, the key to a successful bacon bowl is to not overfill, so choose your fillings wisely. Get creative and have fun experimenting with different flavors and ingredients!
Related Recipes of Smoked Bacon Bowls
- Bacon Wrapped Smoked Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Applewood Smoked Bacon Recipe
- Brisket Mac and Cheese Recipe
- The Best Gas Grills
- Smoked Mac And Cheese
Smoked Bacon Bowls
- wood chips
- muffin tins
- 12 pieces bacon, sliced
- 9 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded (cheddar cheese/gouda cheese)
- 1/2 cup salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your pellet smoker to 225°F.
- Line each muffin tin with parchment paper, then bacon, forming a "bowl."
- Smoke the bowls in the smoker for 30 minutes at 225 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and cheese
- Take the bacon cups out of the smoker, and crank up the heat to 400°F
- Fill each bacon bowl with the egg and cheese mixture, making sure not to overfill.
- Move the bacon bowls to the smoker and smoke at 400°F for about 15 minutes or until the egg mixture is firm
- Carefully remove the bacon bowls from the muffin tins and serve immediately.
Smoked Bacon Bowls FAQs
What is a smoked bacon bowls?
This is a classic breakfast recipe. These bacon bowls are filled with scrambled eggs and cheese, which makes them a good, wholesome, and flavorful option for breakfast.
How long does it take to smoke bacon?
It takes about somewhere between 30 to 40 minutes to smoke the bacon. You have to keep a close watch on the bacon so that you don’t overcook it.
What temperature should I smoke my bacon bowls at?
The bacon bowls should be smoked at 225°F for 30 minutes, then the temperature should be increased to 400°F and the filled bowls should be smoked for another 15 minutes or until the egg mixture is firm.
How long do I smoke my bacon bowls?
The bacon bowls should be smoked for 30 minutes at 225°F and then an additional 15 minutes at 400°F, or until the egg mixture is firm.
What should I fill my bacon bowls with?
You can fill your bacon bowls with a mixture of eggs, cheese, and other ingredients such as veggies, breakfast meats, salsa, or even mac and cheese. The options are endless for smoked bacon bowls!
What kind of cheese should I use in my smoked bacon bowls?
You can use any type of cheese that you like in your bacon bowls. Popular choices include cheddar, Monterey jack, and feta.
Can I make the bacon bowls in an oven?
While this recipe is designed for use on a pellet smoker, you can also make the bacon bowls in an oven. Simply preheat your oven to 400°F and follow the same steps for forming the bacon bowls and filling them with the egg mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the egg mixture is firm.
What should I serve with my smoked bacon bowls?
Your smoked bacon bowls can be served with a variety of sides, such as fruit, toast, or breakfast potatoes. They can also be served on their own as a hearty and filling breakfast dish.