Smoked Rib Eye Roast is the perfect dish for a special occasion. The rich flavor of the beef pairs perfectly with the smoky aroma of the wood chips, and the result is a truly unique and unforgettable meal.
Best of all, this recipe is easy to follow, and it only takes a few hours to prepare. So whether you’re planning a intimate dinner party or a large family gathering, Smoked Rib Eye Roast is sure to impress your guests.
Smoked Rib Eye Roasts
- Smoker Pellets
- Cutting board
- Roasting pan
- Small bowl
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup ground black pepper
- 16-8 lbs pound prime rib roast
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine the salt and pepper in a small bowl. Season the entire roast with the salt and pepper mixture, pressing down to adhere.
- Preheat a pellet smoker to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the roast bone-side down in a roasting pan and set it inside the smoker.
- Smoke the roast until the internal temperature reaches your preferred level of doneness. For medium-rare, aim for 125 degrees Fahrenheit, which will take about 5 hours.
- Remove the roast. To sear the outer layer further, increase the smoker’s temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and continue to smoke the roast for another 5–10 minutes.
- Transfer the finished roast to a cutting board and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the bone from the roast and carve the meat into ½-inch slices.