Smoked venison backstrap is one of the most delicious and tender cuts of meat that you can eat. It’s a lean and healthy protein that is full of flavor. And, it’s easy to make!
This Smoked Venison Backstrap recipe is so simple and so delicious. All you need is a little bit of time and a few simple ingredients. You’re going to love how tender and juicy the smoked venison backstrap is. And, you’re going to be amazed at how easy it is to make! So, don’t wait any longer. Get started on your Smoked Venison Backstrap recipe today!
Smoked Venison Backstrap
- 3 1/2 pounds pounds venison loin in one piece
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Garlic Granulated
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Dry Mustard
- Upon cooking any cut of Venison, always cut away as much of the silver skin and fat off. It will be hard to chew.
- Using a paper towel, dry the backstraps and place it in a covered container.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix all the spices, salt & pepper, and sugar.
- Using the powder mixture, cover all sides of the meat. Then, refrigerate it for 8 hours or overnight for the best flavor. If you brine it longer, it will be more flavorful.
- Setup your smoker and preheat it to 180°F. Put the meat on the grates and put your smoker probe or another good meat thermometer into the thickest part of the loin.
- Let the lid or door of the smoker close as much as possible.
- For medium rare, smoke the meat until it reached 135°F for the internal temperature. It will take 2 hours but it will also take up to 4 hours if you have a thicker cut of the loin.
- When the meat is done, tent the meat with foil and let it rest for 15 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!