Smoked tuna steak is a delicious, healthy alternative to traditional steak recipes. Smoked tuna is a leaner fish, so it contains less saturated fat than other types of steak.
In addition, the smoking process infuses the tuna with a rich, smoky flavor that pairs well with almost any type of cooking. Whether you grill, broil, or bake your smoked tuna steak, it’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try tonight!
Smoked Tuna Steak
- 6 tuna steaks
- 3 cup water
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Limes juiced
- 1 knob fresh ginger peeled and crushed
- Add water, salt, brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, and crushed ginger to a bowl and mix together until the salt and sugar has dissolved.
- Place tuna steaks in a large sealable bag and pour in marinade. Place the bag in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Remove tuna from the bag and rinse under cold water then pat dry.
- Preheat smoker to 200 degrees and add wood chips.
- Set the tuna steaks directly on the grates and smoke until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees, approximately 1 ½ hours.
- Remove tuna from the smoker and serve immediately.