This Smoked Trout Dip recipe would be the easiest and most delicious appetizer you have ever made. With a handful of dip ingredients, you can make a fabulous smoked fish dip. This dip is considered a Florida-style fish dip, and it tastes so good that once you try it there is no going back. If you are someone who likes Smokey, creamy-textured fish dips then this smoked trout dip recipe is surely for you.
Table of contents
Smoked Trout Dip
If smoked salmon is your favourite and you call yourself a big fan, then this dip is a must-make. This amazing and out-of-this-world dip can be used in many ways. You can use it either as a dip or you can use it as a spread.
This dip tastes amazing with simple things like fresh veggies or crackers etc. Because it is already rich in flavour, so that’s why it’s better to serve it with simple things to enjoy the flavour of the dip.
How To Make Smoked Trout Dip
Step 1 – Get trout prepared
Do not go for the canned ones because trout fish is the main ingredient of this dip and you want the best texture and flavour out of it, so that’s why it is important to use the best quality fish.
Step 2 – Mix All The Ingredients
Now it’s time to add the remaining ingredients, which are Capers, smoked paprika, and dried dill weed. If you are using fresh dill then chop it very fine and add it at the end with the chives.
Pulse them again for a short time, then add lemon and zest into the mixture. Use another lemon and cut it in half. Squeeze the half lemon into the mixture and pulse all these things for the final time.
Once you have, add the remaining ingredients and pulse them well. It’s time to take out the mixture in a mixing bowl and then add the finely chopped chives to it. Always keep in mind if you are using fresh herbs, don’t add them to the processor as they will make the whole mixture green in colour. While adding them finely chopped will result in an amazing texture.
Step 3 – Tasting
Step 4 – Serve
Tips For Making The Best Smoked Trout Dip
- Experiment. You can experiment with different flavours in this recipe. For example instead of adding fresh herbs you can go with hot sauce or Worcestershire sauce. You can even use substitute for seasonings as well. But keep one thing in mind smoked trout is the main star of the recipe, don’t spoil the flavour of it be over doing anything.
More Great Smoked Seafood Options:
If you’re looking to try other smoked seafood recipes, then you must give a try to our Smoked Cod, Smoked Shrimp, or Grilled Salmon recipes. They are healthy and easy to make.
Smoked Trout Dip Recipe
- Food processor
- Mixing Bowl
- 8 oz smoked trout fillets
- 8 oz cream cheese sour
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 lemon, medium-sized
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- salt & pepper
- Prepare the food processor and bring the cream cheese to room temperature. It should be easy to work with cream cheese that is soft.
- Put the cream cheese in the food processor, and pulse it well. Take the trout fillets and crumble them and put them in the processor.
- Add capers, paprika and some dried dill weed as well in the food processor.
- Now it’s time to add lemon zest to the mixture with some lemon juice.
- Pulse all these ingredients until they are combined well. Once done take the mixture out into a mixing bowl and finely chopped chives to this mixture.
- Taste the dip and adjust if you feel like something is missing or lacking like salt or black pepper.
- Once everything is perfect, dish out your creation and serve.