Smoked Duck is similar to other smoked poultry but it is all-around darker and greasier meat. Don’t let that turn you off! Smoked Duck is a great meat to smoke as it’s more forgiving than other poultry meat and harder to dry out on your grill. Trust on and give this recipe a try. You’re going to love the unique flavor of this meat!
How to make Smoked Duck
Below is everything you’ll need to know to make the perfect Smoked Duck on your pellet grill, offset or charcoal smoker. Like how this one turns out? Let us know in the comments!
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4.25 hours
- Cook Temperature: 180ºF and 325ºF
- Finished Temperature: 170ºF
- Wood Flavor: Hickory
- Servings: 6-8 people
- Your preference of smoker (I recommend a pellet smoker)
- Commercial grade tinfoil
- Temperature probe
- 1 whole duck
- 2 cups of your favorite injectable (we recommend using one made with the Not Just For Pork Rub)
- 1 batch of Not Just For Pork Rub
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- Start your smoker, grab your pellets, and get the temperature stable at 180ºF.
- Inject the duck throughout with the injectable.
- Season the duck all over with the Not just For Pork Rub.
- Place the duck directly on the grill and smoke for 3 hours. Baste with butter around the halfway point.
- Baste the duck again with the butter and increase the temperature to 325ºF and continue to smoke the duck until it reaches 170ºF.
- Remove the duck from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
BBQ Hero Tip: Check your local Asian Food market for budget-friendly duck meat!