Our smoked brisket burrito recipe is the perfect way to use up leftover BBQ brisket! These hearty burritos are truly the perfect comfort food. Brisket Burrito is a great way to get all of the flavors of your favorite BBQ in one easy-to-eat package.
The combination of juicy brisket, smoky BBQ sauce, and fresh toppings makes for a delicious and filling meal. Brisket Burrito is also a great way to stretch your budget. One pound of brisket can easily feed a family of four. So, next time you have leftovers, be sure to try our smoked brisket burritos recipe!
- Pellet Smoker, Charcoal Smoker, Kamado Grill or Electric Smoker
- Meat Thermometer
- BBQ Grill Accessories
- BBQ Knives
- Smoker Pellets
- Lump Charcoal
- Wood Chunks
- 3 cups Smoked Brisket (Chopped) (You can use leftover BBQ brisket)
- 6 pcs Soft Flour Tortillas
- 115 oz Canned Refried beans Pinto or Black Beans
- 210 oz Canned Red Enchilada Sauce
- Spanish rice
- 1 pc Small Red Onion
- 1 pc Large Bell Pepper
- 16 oz Shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp Green Onion or Cilantro
- 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Cut the onion and bell pepper into thin strips.
- Add oil to your skillet, cook the onion and bell pepper in medium heat until onions are translucent and bell pepper is tender but don't make it mushy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside and let it cool.
- Prepare your refried beans by heating it over medium-low fire. Add 1/4 cups of water or broth and stir until it warmed enough.
- Get ready your Spanish Rice by following the package instruction.
- Let's preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9 ” x 13″ casserole pan or disposable aluminum pan, spread 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom.
- Get 1 tortilla and Add 1/4 cup of refried beans, 1/4 cup of rice and 1/2 cup of chopped brisket.
- Add bell peppers, onions and 2 tbsp of shredded cheese. You can also add 1 or 2 tablespoon of salsa on top, but this is optional.
- Hold both sides of the tortilla and fold it in. Flip the edge closest to you over and slowly roll it continuously until it reaches the end and gives you a perfect tortilla roll.
- Put the wrapped burrito in the casserole pan and continue to wrap the other 5 burritos.
- Drizzle the enchilada sauce over the burritos until all are coated. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and time to place it in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove it from oven and garnish it with chopped cilantros or green onions and let it rest for 10 minutes. Ready to serve!
- You can place leftover burritos in a refrigerator for 3-4 days but make sure to cover it well. Then, reheat it in 350 degrees in the microwave whenever you want to eat again.