A good quality pork rub can usually be used for almost any kind or cut of meat. If made right, pork rubs are incredibly versatile and you can easily find yourself using them on poultry, beef, vegetables and even bread. Pork rubs usually have both a herby and salty undertones that create the perfect sidekick for a long list of meats.
- Makes ¼ cup (enough to coat 2 or 3 pounds)
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- In a small airtight container or zip-top bag, mix all of the ingredients together
- Shake well to ensure that everything is mixed up properly
- Use this rub liberally on pork, chicken or even beef
- Keep any leftover rub in an airtight container for months
Tip: If you’re mixing a lot of this rub, try using a handheld electric mixer. It will make sure that everything is mixed up perfectly.
Like this rub? Try these too!
- Smoked Chicken Rub
- Everything Chipotle Rub
- Sweet Brown Sugar Rub