Brisket Hash is a delicious and easy recipe that uses leftover brisket and transforms it into a mouthwatering meal. This dish is perfect for rescuing tough cuts of brisket that weren’t properly cooked. So, if your brisket came out tough, you could use this recipe to bring it back to life.
A combination of potato, sweet potato, onion, brisket, and its braising liquid creates a creamy, savory, and simply delicious meal. Brisket Hash is a hearty and filling meal that is sure to please even the most finicky of eaters. So, don’t hesitate to give this recipe a try the next time you find yourself with some leftover brisket. You won’t be disappointed!
A quick and easy recipe that uses leftover brisket and transforms it into a mouthwatering Brisket Hash.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 pcs large potato 1/4 inch dice
- 2 pcs large sweet potatoes 1/4 inch dice
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 pc Spanish Onion 1/4 inch dice
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 pound Leftover Cooked Beef Brisket, roughly diced plus 1/4 to 1/2 cup braising liquid
- Add vegetable oil to a large saucepan and heat over high heat.
- Add the potatoes and sweet potatoes, cook until they start to get some color.
- Add kosher salt and turn the heat down to medium.
- Start adding the garlic, green onions and spanish onion. Sprinkle paprika and cayenne and cook it for another 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the brisket and some of the braising liquid. Do not forget to scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- If you notice that the pan is dry, you can add more braising liquid.
- Simmer and season to taste.
- You can also serve it with a fried egg on top and a side of Texas toast!